Witness list for 16 June 2020
The Royal Commission into National Natural Disaster Arrangements will examine hazard reduction when public hearings resume tomorrow, 16 June, 2020.
The hearings will focus on division of responsibilities between Australian, state and territory governments; theory, administration and practice of fuel load management; and Indigenous land and fire practices.
The Commission is expected to hear evidence from:
- Emma Campbell, Commonwealth Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment
- Dr Steve Read, Commonwealth Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment
- Associate Professor Kevin Tolhurst, Ecosystem and Forest Sciences, University of Melbourne
- Professor Ross Bradstock, Centre for Environmental Risk Management of Bushfires, University of Wollongong
- Professor David Bowman, School of Natural Sciences, University of Tasmania
- Chris Hardman, Forest Fire Management Victoria
- Alen Slijepcevic, Country Fire Authority Victoria
- Mike Williams, National Parks and Wildlife, Department for Environment and Water
- Brett Loughlin, South Australian Country Fire Service
- Michael Wassing, Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
- Leigh Harris, Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service.
The hearing will be live-streamed via the Commission's website from 10:00am.
Phone: 0436 943 411