Witness list for 18 June 2020
The Royal Commission into National Natural Disaster Arrangements will conclude its examination of hazard reduction when hearings resume on Thursday, 18 June 2020.
This week, the Commission has considered the division of responsibilities between Australian, state and territory governments; theory, administration and practice of fuel load management; and Indigenous land and fire practices.
On Thursday, the Commission expects to hear evidence from:
- Ross Hampton, Australian Forest Products Association
- Brad Barr, Forest Industries Federation (WA) Inc
- Lisa Gervasoni, Victorian Farmers Federation
- David Jochinke, Victorian Farmers Federation
- Ruth Ryan, Hancock Victorian Plantations
- Ashley Manicaros, Northern Territory Cattlemen's Association
- Vanessa Cavanagh, University of Wollongong
- Dr Timothy Neale, Deakin University
- Bhiamie Eckford-Williamson, Australian National University
- Dr Michael-Shawn Fletcher, University of Melbourne
- Naomi Stephens, Acting Executive Director, Park Operations, NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service
- Leigh Harris, Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service
- Scott Falconer, Victorian Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning
- Glenn Durie, Parks and Wildlife Commission NT
- Victor Steffensen, Firesticks Alliance Indigenous Corporation
- Oliver Costello, Firesticks Alliance Indigenous Corporation
- Tyronne Garstone, Kimberley Land Council
- Shaun Ansell, Warddeken Land Management Ltd
- Dean Munuggullumurr Yibarbuk, Warddeken Land Management Ltd
- Russell Mullett, Gunaikurnai Land and Waters Aboriginal Corporation
At the conclusion of Thursday's proceedings, the Commission will adjourn until Monday, 22 June 2020.
Transcripts and videos from previous hearings are published on the Commission's website.