Witness list for 23 June 2020
The Royal Commission into National Natural Disaster Arrangements will continue to examine the role of local government on Tuesday, 23 June 2020.
The Commission will inquire into the response during a natural disaster - including the implementation of disaster plans, coordination between councils and other agencies, and issues relating to evacuation and relief centres.
The Commission expects to hear evidence from:
- John McArthur, Adelaide Hills Council (SA)
- Cathy Buck, Sunshine Coast Council (Qld)
- Heath Stenton, City of Swan (WA)
- Juliana Phelps, Towong Shire Council (Vic)
- Matthew Hyde, Snowy Valleys Council (NSW)
- Peter Bascomb, Snowy Monaro Regional Council (NSW)
- Robert Fish, Kempsey Shire Council (NSW)
- Des Schroder, Clarence Valley Council (NSW)
Hearings will be live streamed via the Commission's website from 10:00am.