Witness list for 24 June 2020
The Royal Commission into National Natural Disaster Arrangements will continue to examine the role and responsibilities of local government on Wednesday, 24 June 2020.
Wednesday's hearing will focus on issues relating to recovery following a natural disaster - including financial assistance, clean up, impact assessments and training.
The Commission expects to hear evidence from:
- Peter Fitchat, Shire of Dundas (WA)
- Amanda Pagan, Towong Shire Council (Vic)
- Trevor Ierino, Indigo Shire Council (Vic)
- Mark Florence, Indigo Shire Council (Vic)
- Craig Magnussen, Southern Downs Regional Council (Qld)
- Ally Dench, Wollondilly Shire Council (NSW)
- Leanne Barnes OAM, Bega Valley Shire Council (NSW)
- Vince Di Pietro AM CSC, Shoalhaven City Council (NSW).
The Commission also expects to hear evidence from witnesses representing:
- Local Government Association of South Australia
- Municipal Association of Victoria
- Local Government NSW
- Australian Local Government Association.
Hearings will be live streamed via the Commission's website from 10:00am.