Witness list for Wednesday 17 June 2020
The Royal Commission into National Natural Disaster Arrangements will continue to examine hazard reduction on Wednesday, 17 June 2020.
The hearing will further explore the division of responsibilities between Australian, state and territory governments; theory, administration and practice of fuel load management; and Indigenous land and fire practices.
The Commission is expected to hear evidence from:
- Hamish Webb, Victorian Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning
- Mike Williams, National Parks and Wildlife, Department for Environment and Water
- Brett Loughlin, South Australian Country Fire Service
- Michael Wassing, Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
- Leigh Harris, Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service
- Rob Rogers AFSM, NSW Rural Fire Service
- Stefan de Haan, Western Australian Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions
- Naomi Stephens, Acting Executive Director, Park Operations, NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service
- Georgeina Whelan AM, CSC & Bar, ACT Emergency Services Agency
- Neil Cooper PSM, ACT Environment, Planning and Sustainable Development Directorate
- Ken Baulch, Bushfires NT
- Jonathan Vea, Northern Territory Department of Tourism, Sport and Culture.
Phone: 0436 943 411